- This event has passed.
Saturday 17th August – The Marymount University Hospital & Hospice Charity Raceday
August 17, 2019 @ 11:30 am - 9:00 pm€20
August 17th is a date not to be missed. We are delighted to announce a charity raceday in association with Marymount University Hospital & Hospice. All proceeds from admission, race sponsorship and race card advertising on the day will be donated to this very worthy cause.
Marymount University Hospital & Hospice along with Cork Racecourse Mallow are delighted to announce details of an exciting addition to Cork’s racing calendar this Summer on Saturday, August 17th.
Our first race is set for 1.25pm, with the last going to post at 5.25pm.
All proceeds from August 17th will go directly to Marymount’s specialist community palliative care services. This vital service supports those living at home with a serious illness in Cork City and County. Marymount heavily relies on donations to maintain the vital services that their palliative care nurses offer.
Thanks to our wonderful caterers, Woodlands Catering, we will have plenty of hospitality options available to cater for everyone’s tastes, from Champagne Afternoon Tea in the Pavillion, to a four-course meal in the Restaurant overlooking the final furlong!
Iarnrod Eireann will also kindly be running a service from Cork Kent to Mallow Train Station. Tickets are available exclusively online with us, and include admission to the races.
What’s taking place on the day?
- The Lennon Courtney Most Stylish Lady Competition will be judged by Brendan Courtney, of Lennon Courtney and Off The Rails. Ladies will have the chance to win a personal-styling session with Brendan and a shopping spree with the Lennon Courtney collection.
- The Best Dressed Man competition will be judged by Louis Copeland, and the prize is a bespoke suit from Louis himself.
- The Lee Travel Best Dressed Couple Competition, judged by Annmarie O’Connor, gives stylish couples the chance to win a weekend in London for two in a top class hotel, with tickets for the London Eye to top it all off. Annmarie is a best-selling author, fashion writer, and award-winning stylist – so couples be sure to have the gladrags ready!
- The Kids Zone sponsored by Dairygold will be there to keep the kids entertained. With bouncy castles, entertainers, face painting, and much more, this is sure to be a great day out for the family.
- Listed and Group 3 action on the flat, with races sponsored by Murphy’s Irish Stout and Barry’s Tea. As sponsors of the Matchbook Straight Seven, unveiled in May to universal acclaim, four races under the Matchbook name will be run on the new course that day.
- Get your dancing shoes on with plenty of live music after racing from DJ Stevie G, the Legend of Luke Kelly, and Handipak with Louise Morrissey.
If you would like to find out more on ways to support the event, please contact 022 50207 or email email@example.com
For further information on the vital services that Marymount University Hospital and Hospice provide visit www.marymount.ie.
Please note that there will be no concession tickets available in advance or on the day as this is a fundraising event for Marymount Hospice.
In addition tickets are available to purchase directly at the following locations: