- This event has passed.
Thursday 21nd March – Student Raceday
Continuing to grow in popularity, the 2019 edition of the Corks Red FM Student Raceday is a firm favourite in the diary of students from the county.
In addition to seven National Hunt races, there will be live music by one of Corks Red FM DJ Colm O’ Sullivan for two hours after racing.
Following the completed sale of tickets from the relevant student union and societies in UCC & CIT colleges, there will be a small allocation of tickets available on this website Monday 25th February at 8am.
TICKETS SOLD VIA CORK RACECOURSE MALLOW
- These tickets will be €25 and will include admission, racecard, bottle of water and burger.
- This ticket will NOT include transport.
- However, there will be a free shuttle bus in operation from Mallow Train Station catering for the 11:25, 12:25, 13:25 and 14:25 trains from Cork Kent.
- The shuttle bus will also offer a return service serving the 18:05, 18:25 , 18: 45, 19:25 trains back to Cork Kent.
TICKETS SOLD VIA STUDENT UNIONS
- You must present your STUDENT ID card to purchase a ticket. Included in the price of tickets purchased on campus will be the bus service from both colleges to the racecourse and return afterwards.
- CIT wristband holders can only load the bus from CIT on March 21st (across from Tourism & Hospitality Building)
- UCC wristband holders can only load the bus from UCC on March 21st.
- Please note Raceday wristbands will be checked before you get on the bus.
- You need a band to get on the bus. If you have a counterfit wristband, you will be refused admission on buses and wristband will be confiscated.
- No alcohol on the buses or bus loading areas.
- This is a ticket only event. No student will be able to purchase a ticket on the day, please do not be offended when access is denied.
- All students must carry a valid age ID card
- All students will be bag searched on arrival at the racecourse